Ship: CYCLOPS (1948-1975 general cargo liner 487 feet long of Alfred Holt's Blue Funnel Line, Liverpool)
|Port of Registry:||Liverpool|
Bill Fletcher writes :
"Cyclops" was a Blue funnel's Class "A" mark 2 ship built in 1948 by Scotts Shipyard at Greenock for Holt's Ocean Steamship Company.
Length 487 feet overall, single screw 15 1/2 knots
In July 1975 was renamed "Automedon", and in December 1975 was transferred to Elder Dempster with a buff funnel.
Broken up by Arnott Young shipbreakers at Dalmuir, Glasgow in August 1977