Ship: MACHAON (1959-1975 cargo liner 495 feet long with Alfred Holt's Blue Funnel Line - Ocean Steamship Company, Liverpool)
|Port of Registry:||Liverpool|
MACHAON was built in 1959 by Caledon Shipyard, Dundee, as one of Blue Funnel's "M"-class of passenger/cargo liners.
In 1975 MACHAON was transferred to the associated company NSMO (Dutch), and in 1977 transferred to Elder Dempster Line, renamed OBUASI.
In 1978 sold to Greece, renamed ELSEA, and in 1979 was broken up in Kaosiung, Taiwan.
length of 494ft 10in, a beam of 65ft 5in and a service speed of 16.5 knots. Sister of the Menelaus she was completed in February 1958 for the Ocean Steam Ship Co. She was transferred to N.S.M. 'Oceaan' in 1975 and then to Elder Dempster in 1977 when she was renamed Obuasi