Ship: ROWANOL (1947-1970 Coastal tanker and harbour oiler 231 feet long, pennant A284 of Royal Fleet Auxiliary)
|Port of Registry:||Admiralty, London|
RFA ROWANOL (A284) was a coastal tanker and harbour oiler of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary. As regards her duties in the Clyde she was normally based and operated from the Royal Fleet Auxiliary Base at Great Harbour, Greenock
Laid down on 27 September 1945, and launched on 15 May 1946 as Ebonol, she was the second ship to bear this name. Commissioned on 21 August 1946 as Cedarol, and renamed ROWANOL on 18 September 1947.
The ship was decommissioned on 3 December 1970 and laid up at Devonport. She arrived in tow at Zeebrugge for scrapping on 10 December 1971.
Categories: Ships of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary1946 shipsName: RFA Rowanol
Ordered: 27 September 1944
Laid down: 27 September 1945
Launched: 15 May 1946, as Ebonol
Commissioned: 21 August 1946, as Cedarol
Decommissioned: 3 December 1970
Renamed: Rowanol, 18 September 1947
Fate: Arrived at Zeebrugge for scrapping, 10 December 1971
Length: 231 ft 4 in (70.51 m)
Beam: 38 ft 2 in (11.63 m)
Draught: 15 ft 8 in (4.78 m)
Propulsion: 3-cylinder triple expansion steam engine
Speed: 10.5 knots (19.4 km/h; 12.1 mph)
ROWANOL had a large number of crew, being Captain, three mates, Chief Engineer, three engineers, Bosun,
six able-bodied seamen, Chief steward, Cook, 2 or 3 stewards, pumpman and 3 greasers.