Ship: LAIRDSBANK (1936-1963 Twin-screw General cargo coaster 229 feet long of Burns & Laird Line, Glasgow)
|Port of Registry:||Glasgow|
LAIRDSBANK was launched by Harland & Wolff at Belfast in 1936 and served for many years on the Burns & Laird service carrying livestock from Londonderry to Heysham.
In 1963 she was transferred to the British & Irish Steam Packet Company and renamed GLANMIRE and sailed on their Cork to Liverpool general cargo and livestock service. and she eventually arrived at Arnott Young Shipbreakers at Dalmuir on the River Clyde in 1969