Ship: LISMORIA (1948 - 1967 Passenger / cargo liner 455 feet long of Donaldson Line, Glasgow : 1967 scrapped at Kaohsiung, Tatwan)
|Port of Registry:||Glasgow|
Lismoria was built in 1945 by California Shipbuilding Corporation, Los Angeles, California as the "Taos Victory" for the United States War Shipping Administration.
In 1946 she was chartered by the British Ministry of Transport for service as a troopship to return British servicemen home from overseas, and transferred to British registry,managed by Furness, Withy and Co Ltd
In 1947 the Americans sold "Taos Victory" to the Ministry of Transport, with Furness Withy remaining as managers
In 1948 she was bought by Donaldson Line, Glasgow, and converted to a passenger/cargo ship with accommodation for 55 first-class passengers, and renamed" Lismoria" and employed on the company's UK service to Canada's East coast and St. Lawrence.
In 1967 "Lismoria" was sold to Astroguarda Cia Nav. S.A., Greece, and renamed " Neon" and, later that year she was sold for demolition at shipbreakers at Kaohsiung, Taiwan.