Ship: CALGARIA (1956-1963 General cargo liner 495 feet long of Donaldson Line, Glasgow)
|Port of Registry:||Glasgow|
Dimensions 495.0 feet X 64.3 feet X 34.4 feet.
Built 1941 by Barclay, Curle & Co. Ltd., Glasgow, and employed on Donaldson Line's Clyde to Canada service.
Usual master was Captain J. L. Downie
The vessel was acquired in 1956 as CHARLTON PRIDE and renamed CALGARIA, originally being built as a troopship, then converted to a cargo ship with accommodation for 12 passengers.