Ship: EMPIRE ARQUEBUS (1944 - Landing Ship Infantry / Donaldson Line, Glasgow .. see below for Wikipedia details)
|Port of Registry:||-|
Empire Arquebus was a 7,177 GRT landing ship laid down as Cape St Vincent for United States War Shipping Administration and completed in 1944 by Consolidated Steel Corporation, Wilmington as Empire Arquebus. Managed by Donaldson, Brothers and Black Ltd., To Royal Navy in 1944 and renamed HMS Cicero. Returned to MoWT in 1945 and renamed Empire Arquebus under the management of Donaldson, Brothers and Black Ltd. To United States War Shipping Administration in 1946. Sold that year to Société Misr. de Navigatione Maritime, Egypt and converted to a passenger ship, renamed Al Sudan. Sold in 1959 to Egyptian Government and then sold in 1961 to United Arab Maritime Co., United Arab Republic. Sold in 1973 to Egyptian Navigation Co., Egypt. Arrived in Suez in 1980 for scrapping but still extant in 1984.