Ship: ARGYLLSHIRE ( 1956 - 1975 General cargo liner 470 feet long of Clan Line/ Scottish Shire Line))
|Port of Registry:||Glasgow|
Matthew O'Neil writes :
A passenger/cargo liner completed in 1956 by Greenock Dockyard,
Official number 185047
470.8 feet long x 69.3 feet breadth x 28.4 feet draught
3 Parsons steam turbines by J G Kincaid Company, Greenock, double reduction geared to a single screw shaft producing 11,550 shaft horse power.
On 23rd May 1956 ARGYLLSHIRE was launched by Countess Jelicoe at Greenock Dockyard (yard number 486), and was completed in October 1956 for Clan Line Steamers and registered under their associated company Scottish Shire Line.
In 1975 she was sold to Gulf East Marine Ltd. and renamed SCHIVAGO.
On 3rd August 1977 she arrived at Gadani Beach, Pakistan, for breaking-up for scrap.